Ensemble & Performance Teams
DE Ensemble Team (Ages 7 & Up)
Thursday, June 16th, 2022
Ages 7-10 ~ 4:30pm-5:50pm
Ages 11-13 ~ 5:45pm-6:45pm
Ages 14 & up ~ 7:00pm-8:00pm
Dancers are auditioning for either Prep Dance Ensemble, or Junior & Senior Dance Ensemble. Placement is based on age, and additionally on dance ability.
Please be sure to read both Ensemble descriptions, which include commitments and requirements below.
**2nd YEAR **
Dancers could be placed into a higher team which would be a higher commitment — see below requirements
This will be a slow introduction on to ensemble. This is for younger dancers who may be interested in being on full team eventually.
JUNIOR & SENIOR DANCE ENSEMBLE
(Approximate AGES 11 & up)
These dance ensembles require a very strong commitment, and we are looking for dancers who are serious about dance and willing to make a full commitment.
· There will be many extra rehearsals, performances and competitions which take place weekdays/nights and weekends.
· The required dance classes for these ages will be:
o a 1 hr. 15min. ballet class
o 1 hour 15 min. jazz class
o Stretch & strengthening
o Possible Acro class
o Extra Saturday ballet class
· Choreography classes on either Friday or Saturday or possibly both days will also be required.
· For those who would like to compete in tap, lyrical and hip hop you must take those classes as well during the week.
· Extra choreography rehearsals will be held on Fridays & Saturdays from September– May and will consist of focusing strictly on their dances they will be competing in.
· There is a strict NO ABSENCE policy for dance ensemble members which will be strongly enforced!!
· There are additional costs involved, tuition, competition fees, company costumes, workshops, and possible travel costs for competitions.
Dancers will be required to take 2022 summer classes to participate in Dance Ensemble
(Please check the Summer Intensive schedule for class nights and sign up online)
DANCE ENSEMBLE AUDITION REQUIREMENTS
- Dancers will do a short warm up and possible ballet barre work.
- They will then be asked to perform across the floor jazz and ballet combinations.
- They will be taught a short combination which will be performed in small groups.
- We will be watching the dancers for their technique, personality, and overall appearance.
- Please dress accordingly in black leotard and tights, NO SHORTS OR T-SHIRTS!!
- Hair should be neat off their face in either a ponytail or bun.
- Dancers should wear ballet shoes for barre and then can change into their jazz shoes.
- Dancers do not need to prepare anything themselves for the audition.
Please remember, placement of dancers into ensemble is not only based on ability, but also the availability of spots.
Dancer’s performance in class throughout the year and their seriousness and absence record is taken into consideration as well.
Dancers will receive notice by the end of June as to whether they have been placed on to ensemble.
DANCERS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO TAKE AN EXACT NUMBER OF SUMMER CLASSES,
but we recommend them taking as many as they can.
PLEASE SEE OUR SUMMER SCHEDULE UNDER INTENSIVE & TECHNIQUE CLASSES FOR CLASS TIMES AND SIGN UP ONLINE
Summer Intensive Costs:
– $180 for pre-prep dancers.
– For dancers not on team yet, it is $40 per night.
ALL DANCERS MUST BE REGISTERED FOR THE 2022-2023 DANCE SEASON BEFORE AUDITIONING
Dancers can register into the class they would normally have registered for and then we will change them if they make it on to the Dance Ensemble team or if they are placed on a different team.
PLEASE EMAIL US at INFO@DEEASTON.COM
IF YOUR DANCER PLANS TO AUDITION
WHO? Open to all dancers in a Primary 2 dance class or older.
- This is open to dancers who are interested in dancing more often.
(this is separate from our competitive dance ensemble)
- In addition to Performance Team, dancers must be enrolled:
- in a 1-hour combo class (ballet/jazz or jazz/tap class) OR
- in a 1-hour ballet or 1-hour jazz.
WHAT? An opportunity for dancers to challenge themselves in a fun setting with more performance opportunities.
- Dancers will perform at local community events throughout the year.
- The style of dance is typically jazz based but could include lyrical or hip hop.
WHEN? Performance team class will be held on Fridays
– 4:00-4:45 (ages 12 & up)
– 4:45-5:30 (ages 7-11)
- This class is in addition to their regular class during the week.
- Participation will also involve additional time commitments. We will try and get a schedule out ahead of time.
- Please note good attendance is needed for this class (especially leading up to a performance).
WHERE? Performance teams will participate in extra events.
- In the community and charity events throughout the year.
- Performing at our annual recital in both performances.
We are hoping this coming season will be a much different year and will be able to do more in-person performances.
HOW? You can register online for the performance team class in addition to your other required classes. NO AUDITION IS REQUIRED!!
In addition to the performance class, there will be basic performance pieces needed:
- Team jacket
- Extra costume for recital
- Jazz shoes
Please contact us with any other questions you may have at firstname.lastname@example.org